About This Talk
The talk will cover:
- our mission
- how we ran as an on-premises training provider
- the utter chaos of our transition to remote (there were about 250 sim cards registered on our MD’s name. Lol)
- how we prioritised what we built
- how we ended up choosing Django
- high level view of how we train different kinds of coders
- where we are heading
I’m currently the CTO of Umuzi - a South African based non-profit organisation focused on launching high-value digital careers for high potential youth in underserved communities. It’s the best job ever, I get to build stuff and change lives.
I spend my free time climbing, paragliding, reading, and trying to play guitar.