About This Talk
Most developers don’t want to think about operations (aka Ops, DevOps…). PaaS providers (Heroku, Fly, Render, etc.) do an awesome job of getting your app live on the internet, but there’s a lot to ops beyond just deployment.
This talk will answer the following questions:
- How much CPU and memory should I give my services?
- How do I know if the app is overallocated (costing too much money) or underallocated (slow/overloaded)?
- How can I make my app faster?
- Will autoscaling help me save costs?
- What about serverless?
- How do I store files?
- How is the app performing for my users?
- How do I check for errors?
- How do I troubleshoot failures (app not starting or periodically crashing)?
If you’re a developer and want to run your applications successfully without deep DevOps knowledge, this talk is for you. It will help if you have some basic Django developer experience, but other than that, no specific knowledge is necessary!Buy Tickets Now
Peter is the founder of Lincoln Loop and AppPack.io. He is constantly learning and is well-versed in many technical disciplines including devops, scaling, back-end, and front-end development. Peter is a frequent speaker at DjangoCon and has given talks at PyCon and SaltConf as well. In 2013 he co-authored the book High Performance Django, detailing the techniques used at Lincoln Loop to build high-traffic, scalable sites with Django. He has been interviewed about Lincoln Loop’s remote work style by Wired and 37signals and been published on Forbes, FastCompany and TechRepublic among others.
Currently residing in Steamboat Springs, Colorado, Peter enjoys a well balanced life with his wife and two children. Beyond technology, his passions include skiing and biking in the mountains near his home as well as the occasional surf trip south of the border.