About This Talk
Among the topics we’ll cover are:
- A brief history of Django type stubs
- Which type stubs, and which type checker:
- Starting a project with type hints, or adding type hints to an existing project
- Where to focus: adding type hints to Django models and views
- Workarounds for when the type stubs aren’t quite right
pyrightfor type checking: running
pyrighton the host, in a container, on a CI server
pyrightand LSP clients: turning your text editor (Vim, Emacs, Sublime Text, VS Code, etc) into a full-fledged Python/Django IDE
- Type hints for documentation, code navigation, and refactoring
There will be live coding in the presentation. All code is open-sourced on GitHub, and links will be provided.Buy Tickets Now
I’m Kyle, Lead Software Architect at Elementary.
I like hanging out with my wife, walking my dog, biking, and coding, especially building stuff on the web.