About This Tutorial
In the session, we will see how we can use Django to serve APIs.
- Create REST Endpoints quickly with DRF.
- Implement proper permissions on the REST endpoints, for example, an admin can perform any operation on any data. But a specific user can perform a limited operation on certain specific resources.
- Respond with different responses as per the defined user’s permission level. For example, the admin will get all the fields in the response, but a normal user will get only a selected field of the model.
- Implement Pagination on the REST endpoint.
- Create custom endpoints on the REST Endpoints.
Customizing Admin Panel:
- Modifying the default list in the admin panel.
- Add a custom field in the list in the admin panel.
- Adding filters based on a field of the model.
- Adding search functionality for a model.
- Customizing how forms are displayed in the admin panel.
- Implementing Validations
- Customizing Admin Panel Templates
Writing Tests for our Backend APIs
- Creating Factory for Models.
- Integrating with Faker
- Writing test for all the REST endpoints.
- Implementing our tests as PyTests.
- Writing a single test and running it with different parameters with parameterization.
I am a full-stack developer who primarily has worked in Django, Flask, and FAST API as the backend, ReactJS in the front end, and AWS/GCP in the cloud.
I am two times failed entrepreneur, who had tried to set up two companies in the past. The first one was a digital publishing company where I tried to create a platform where anyone can share their experience-based learning with some paid articles/series on our platform i.e. HappyChases, and the second was a Data Science Company with my friends, we used to build Data Science Products for Entreprises, Startups, Govt bodies i.e. Codevector Labs (PS: I was one of the core members of the company, and one of our product that I lead end to end got Nascomm gamechanger award in AI by Nasscom), before joining Goldcast Inc last year as a Backend Engineer.
I am still exploring and seeking to resume my entrepreneurial journey soon if I feel enough confident about the idea. Currently, I am working as a Backend Engineer cum SRE at Goldcast.